Chairman, Dole Food Co.
David H. Murdock is chairman of Dole Food Co. Inc., the world’s largest producer and marketer of fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and fresh-cut flowers. He initially joined Dole as chairman and chief executive in July 1985, and continued as its chief executive until June 2007. He was re-appointed chief executive in February 2013, a position he held until April 2017. Murdock has controlled all of the stock of Dole, which filed for a $100 million IPO in April 2017, since November 2013. He has been chairman and chief executive of Castle & Cooke since October 1995 and has been its controlling shareholder since September 2000. He has been chairman and chief executive of Flexi-Van Leasing Inc. since June 1982. Murdock is the owner-developer of numerous real estate developments and is the owner of Castle & Cooke Mortgage.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- David Murdock
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 24. DAVID MURDOCK
- Murdock Becomes Dole CEO Again
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 22, David Murdock
- Murdock Boosts Offer to Take Dole Private
- Dole Food Dropping Strawberries Before Going Public; Considering Private Sale
- Murdock Completes Dole Acquisition
- Dole Chair Says Aloha to Lanai