Chairman and Chief Executive, Kite Pharma
Arie Belldegrun has been a leader in developing novel cancer treatments. He has also been closely involved with the founding and advancement of several successful private and public biopharmaceutical companies. He founded Agensys Inc., a biotechnology company, in 1996 and served as its chairman and a board member until 2007 when it was acquired by Astellas Pharma Inc. He is also chairman of Arno Therapeutics, Two River Group, and UroGen Pharma. He is a board member of Cell Design Labs and a member of the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy’s Strategic Advisory Group. Belldegrun is also a professor of urology and is director of the UCLA Institute of Urologic Oncology at the David Geffen School of Medicine.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Arie Belldegrun, MD
- Professor as Entrepreneur: UCLA’s Belldegrun on to Next Biopharma Enterprise
- Drug Firm Eyes Healthy Future
- Immunotherapy Cancer Treatment Taking Flight
- Kite Pharma Gains New Backer
- Former Kite Execs Team With Pfizer to Create Biotech Co. to Treat Cancer
- Investors Get Early Jump on Cancer Treatment
- Gilead Sciences and Kite Pharma Acquire Cell Design Labs