City Manager, City of Santa Monica
Rick Cole has 30 years of experience in public policy and administration. As Santa Monica’s city manager, he is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the city, including implementation of City Council ordinances and policies, oversight of all departments, and a budget of $564 million. Previously, he served as deputy mayor for budget and innovation for the city of Los Angeles, where he was responsible for a budget of $8.6 billion and oversaw five city departments with more than 3,000 staff members. He also supervised L.A.’s chief sustainability, technology, and data officers. For 15 years, Cole was city manager of two Southern California cities, Ventura and Azusa. Cole served 12 years on the Pasadena City Council.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Newsmakers---L.A. Takes Delivery of New Postmaster
- Rick Cole Brings His Experience to L.A.
- LA 500: Miguel Santana
- Newsmakers---Investment Banker Eyes Middle Market
- Third Street 3.0 in Santa Monica
- Miguel Santana
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Panelists & Speakers
- Newsmakers---Academic Hits the Bankruptcy Trenches