President, Bayan Claremont Islamic Graduate School
For the past 15 years, Jihad Turk has dedicated himself to improving relations between the Muslim and Christian communities of Southern California. He is the founding president of the Bayan Claremont Islamic Graduate School. He served for seven years as the imam and religious director at the Islamic Center of Southern California, the largest and oldest mosque in the L.A. area, before founding the nation’s first accredited Islamic seminary, Bayan Claremont. Turk co-founded the Muslim-Christian Consultative Group and sits on the board of ReGeneration, a Muslim-Jewish peace organization.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The California Man Behind the Anti-Islam Film
- Keck Graduate Institute Announces Plans for New Claremont Colleges Medical School
- Foundation Supports University With $20M
- Keck Foundation Donates $20 Million for Chapman University Science Building
- Class, Politics
- Drucker Dean to Leave Claremont
- Tolerance in Large Doses