Former Mayor, City of Los Angeles
Antonio Villaraigosa, the 41st mayor of Los Angeles, is currently a candidate for the Democratic nomination for governor of California. Throughout his tenure as mayor, Villaraigosa made significant progress in key policy areas, including: transportation and infrastructure development, public safety, port security, and the environment. He has also served as a professor of the practice of policy at the USC Price School of Public Policy, a title reserved for faculty appointments of individuals who have made significant contributions in the public practice of their field of expertise. Through this faculty appointment at the Price School, Villaraigosa will help to identify innovative, large-scale approaches to significant policy issues facing California.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mayor's School Power Rejected
- Villaraigosa Bows Out of Governor's Race
- Business Leaders Pick Up Tab for Villaraigosa's Inaugural
- School Reform Bill Passes
- Kieffer Named to UC Regents Board
- Villaraigosa Sworn in as Mayor
- Angelenos Set To Join Obama In Washington
- L.A. County Democrats Back Villaraigosa