Chairman and Chief Executive, City National Bank
Russell Goldsmith is chairman and chief executive of City National Bank, which was acquired by Royal Bank of Canada in November 2015. City National has $45 billion in assets, 4,200 colleagues, 72 offices in five states, and manages or administers $55.7 billion in client investment assets. Goldsmith also leads RBC Wealth Management in the United States, a nationwide business that oversees combined client investment assets of more than $350 billion. As chairman of the Los Angeles Coalition for the Economy & Jobs, he leads an independent organization of local leaders focused on fostering economic and job growth. He has served as a member of the Federal Reserve Board’s Federal Advisory Council. A founder the Mid-Size Bank Coalition of America, Goldsmith also serves on the board of Cedars-Sinai Hospital. He was previously chairman and chief executive of Republic Pictures Corp., vice chairman of the San Diego Padres, and chief operating officer of Lorimar Inc.
You May Also Like
- Russell Goldsmith
- City National Bank to Expand to Washington D.C.
- The Money Book: Russell Goldsmith
- City National Sells for $5.4 Billion
- Royal Bank of Canada Completes Acquisition of City National
- L.A. Banking Pioneer Bram Goldsmith Dies
- Coalition Pulls Opposition to City National-RBC Deal
- L.A. Banks Boost Assets as Economy Booms