Mayor, City of Los Angeles
Eric Garcetti is the 42nd mayor of Los Angeles. His agenda is heavily focused on job creation, addressing homelessness, and solving everyday problems for residents. From 2001 until taking office as mayor, he represented the 13th City Council District, which includes Hollywood, Echo Park, Silver Lake, and Atwater Village, among other neighborhoods – all of which were dramatically revitalized under Garcetti’s leadership. Raised in the San Fernando Valley, he earned his bachelor’s and master’s from Columbia University. He studied as a Rhodes scholar at the University of Oxford and the London School of Economics, and has taught at Occidental College and USC.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Eric Garcetti
- Eric Garcetti Taking L.A. 'Back to Basics'
- Garcetti Names New Economic Development Deputy
- Getting Started in Los Angeles
- New Mayor May Reshape L.A. With Help From Old One
- Mayor Announces City Exceeding Targeted Pace for Housing Permits
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti Speaks at DNC
- Why Does L.A. Tech Love Eric Garcetti?