L.A. tech wages rising fastest in the nation, Activision runs Snapchat zombie karaoke lens, and YP hires new CEO.
L.A. Tech Wages Rising Fastest in the Nation
Los Angeles County tech wages are growing faster than the earnings of tech employees in the nation’s other big cities, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, reports the L.A. Business Journal. The average tech wage in Los Angeles grew 13.2 percent to an average of $115,000 last year, nearly doubling the rate of the South Florida region, which came in No. 2 with a year-to-year increase of 7.2 percent.
Activision Runs Snapchat Zombie Karaoke Lens
Activision launched a sponsored lens campaign in the U.S. that overlays selfies with zombie faces and "zombie karaoke" sweatbands, while users sing along to the 1980s hit "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, reports Adweek.
YP Hires New CEO
People and business directory YP, which is based in Atlanta, but has a significant presence in Glendale, has hired Jared Rowe at its chief executive, according to a press release. Rowe previously was the president of the automotive division of Cox Enterprises, which operates websites Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, and Dealer.com
You May Also Like
- Snapchat Acquires Bitmoji Company
- Snapchat to Shutter Lens Store
- Snapchat’s Ad Experiments Continue with Sponsored Lenses
- Snapchat Opening Office in Seattle
- Activision Blizzard Plans E-Sports League with City-Based Teams
- Snapchat Video Views Rise to 10 Billion A Day
- Snapchat Video Ads to Be Measured by Nielsen
- Snapchat Confirms Bitstrips Acquisition