Disney launches kid-safe messaging app, advertisers warming up to Snapchat, and Gwyneth Paltrow and Will.i.am join Apple's TV Show.
Disney Launches Kid-Safe Messaging App
Disney has launched its own messaging app, called DisneyMix, aimed at children and their families, reports TechCrunch. Disney Mix aims to provide a kid-safe alternative to WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Snapchat.
Advertisers Warming Up to Snapchat
Snapchat has moved past some of its early growing pains as advertisers are lining up to do business with the startup, reports the New York Times. While the app’s unique advertising formats initially gave marketers pause, they now see the platform as great way to deepen engagement with consumers.
Gwyneth Paltrow, Will.i.am Join Apple's TV Show 'Planet of the Apps'
L.A.’s Gwyneth Paltrow and Will.i.am have joined Apple's TV show “Planet of the Apps” as mentors and advisors to app developing contestants, reports the Hollywood Reporter. Actress Paltrow runs her own e-commerce business, Goop, and Will.i.am has a smart watch business, i.am+.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 30: Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 17: Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Is Moving to Los Angeles
- Snapchat Signs Advertising Deal with Viacom
- Snapchat Adds Extra Replays for 99 Cents. Will Anyone Pay?
- L.A. Launch List: May 8
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Sept. 11
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Report May 3: Study Estimates 46 Percent of Snapchat Users Don’t Use Instagram