Meditation guide app Headspace has raised a $34 million round from a star-studded cast of celebrities and investors.
The round was led by Chernin Group, with participation from Advancit Capital, Allen & Co., Breyer Capital, Broadway Video Ventures, Deerfield Management, Freelands Ventures, William Morris Endeavor, actress Jessica Alba, actor Jared Leto, television host Ryan Seacrest and LinkedIn Chief Executive Jeff Weiner.
Headspace declined to confirm the round amount, which was detailed in a Security Exchange Commission filing. Founded in 2010, Venice’s Headspace had previously raised $5.45 million in debt and equity.
Headspace’s app provides interactive guides to different meditation techniques. It also has a catalog of live events, books and podcasts. A monthly subscription to the app costs $12.95, a yearly subscription $94.99. The company said it has 3 million users, but declined to say how many are paying subscribers.
The company will use the funds to hire engineers and marketers, acquire new users, improve personalization features and adding more content to its platform.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 3: Tesloop Ride Sharing Service Expands
- Silicon Beach Report March 3: Virgin Galactic Spins off Satellite Launch Division
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Sept. 18
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions
- Snapchat Raises $1.2B, Aims at Explosive Growth
- Massage App Soothe Raises $35 Million
- Seed Round Streams into Mobcrush
- Factual Raises $35 Million to Push Expansion