The Dow Jones industrial average rose 39 points in Thursday trading to close at 18,039.
The S&P 500 rose four points to 2,109.
The Nasdaq rose six points to 5,083.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 232.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest local gainer was Commerce’s Smart & Final Stores Inc. Shares of the warehouse grocery chain rose 7 percent on the day, closing at $18.69.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank. Shares fell 13 percent on the day, closing at $1.32.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; Skechers Soars, BreitBurn Energy Partners Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Soars, General Finance Tumbles
- Stocks Rise; RadNet Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Fall; ReachLocal Climbs, Global Eagle Sinks
- Stocks Climb; Rubicon Rises, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Fall; ReachLocal Rises, Trio Tech Stalls
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Rise; Kythera Soars, Lion Loses