A controversial two-skyscraper project to be built in the heart of Hollywood, known as Millennium Hollywood, has been signed off by the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety despite findings from a state geologist last year that there’s an active earthquake fault under the site, the Los Angeles Times reports. A Millennium geologist says the fault is very deep and probably not active.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hollywood Skyscraper Project Sits On Earthquake Fault, State Says
- Weighing Quake Risks
- Millennium Project May Sit on Active Fault
- No Quake Fault on Hollywood Building Site
- Judge Halts Millennium Hollywood Project
- L.A. to Audit DWP Nonprofits
- Opponents: Hollywood Skyscrapers Too Close to Fault
- Puente Hills Fault Could Bring a Quake Worse Than 'The Big One'