The term “anchor babies” may create images of Hispanic immigrants sneaking into the United States to birth their babies on American soil. But there is a sizable “birth tourism” industry – especially in the San Gabriel Valley – in which Asian women give birth here, the Los Angeles Times reports. The practice is basically legal, but authorities have been finding ways to crack down on it.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen Gets Approval for Repatha
- Olympics May be a Herculean Cost, Analysts Say
- Immigration Officials Try to Turn 'Birth Tourists' into Witnesses
- PUC Investigates Utility But Faces Own Critics
- Big Layoffs Could Impact Suppliers
- Netflix Will Move to Hollywood
- Call for Transparency
- Ride-sharing at LAX?