If you hoped Gov. Jerry Brown would back off the ledge regarding the energy industry, you’ll be disappointed. He doubled down on his ongoing tirade against oil companies again Monday, calling their product “highly destructive” without acknowledging that cheap and available energy underpins the economy, the Los Angeles Times reports. Brown has proposed cutting the state’s gas consumption in half by 2030.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gov. Brown Signs Bill Banning Tax Write-Offs for Pro Sports Fines
- Gov. Brown Signs Bill Protecting Online Reviews
- Lawmakers to Offer $1 Billion Drought Relief Bill
- Package of Bills to Boost Electric Cars
- Gas Cut Dropped from Climate Change Bill
- Taking Aim at Gender Gap
- Bill to Prevent Unwarranted Data Collection Passes Senate
- Gov. Brown Names PUC President