Ease Entertainment Services, a Beverly Hills payroll and software services firm, has received an investment from Santa Monica’s Bison Capital Partners.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Deadline reported that Bison Capital's investment totaled $17 million.
Ease offers a management platform to help movie and TV production companies with administrative accounting tasks such as delivering payroll, handling worker’s compensation and evaluating cost reports.
“While the medium for film and television has gone digital, the process for making film and television projects remains manually-intensive and paper-based,” said Ease founder and Chief Executive Mike Rose in a statement.
This marks the second major financial move by Ease Entertainment in the last two years. The company acquired Scenechronize, a software developer that helped studios eliminate paper waste, in 2012.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Cinedigm and TV4 Partner to Launch Online Channels
- Deluxe Buys Cloud Service Mediapeers
- Lions Gate Invests in Telltale Games
- Clearlake Capital Acquires FrontRange Solutions
- L.A. Launch List: Sept. 12
- L.A. City Council Says No to Parking Auction Apps
- SGN and Fox Launch ‘Book of Life’ Game
- CV Studios Signs Exclusive ZTE Distribution Deal