Snapchat has announced a new feature that will allow users to add customized filters depending on where the photo was taken.
The Geofilters function will be initially available in Los Angeles and New York, according to the company’s blog.
The location-based feature is the latest update to the app that suggests the Venice company is experimenting with potential modes of monetization. Snapchat’s Our Story, which debuted last month at Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, stitches together photos and videos uploaded by users from the event.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snapchat's Letting You Create Geofilters
- Snapchat Expands Our Story with ‘Live’ Section
- Snapchat Trademarks Suggest Peer-to-Peer Payments
- Snapchat to Add Ads and Content
- Snapchat Launches Paid Geofilters
- Snapchat CEO Says Ads on Their Way
- Snapchat Filters Out Third-Party Apps
- Snapchat Helps Users ‘Discover’ News