Snapchat has announced a new feature that will allow users to add customized filters depending on where the photo was taken.
The Geofilters function will be initially available in Los Angeles and New York, according to the company’s blog.
The location-based feature is the latest update to the app that suggests the Venice company is experimenting with potential modes of monetization. Snapchat’s Our Story, which debuted last month at Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, stitches together photos and videos uploaded by users from the event.
You May Also Like
- Snapchat's Letting You Create Geofilters
- Snapchat Expands Our Story with ‘Live’ Section
- Snapchat Trademarks Suggest Peer-to-Peer Payments
- Snapchat Launches Paid Geofilters
- Snapchat to Add Ads and Content
- Snapchat Helps Users ‘Discover’ News
- Snapchat Filters Out Third-Party Apps
- Snapchat Valued at $10 Billion with New VC Investment