Westwood private equity firm Shamrock Capital Advisors has sold the Harlem Globetrotters to a Georgia company that owns and operates theme parks.
Shamrock had put Harlem Globetrotters International, parent of the barnstorming basketball team, on the market in June and announced the sale to Herschend Family Entertainment Corp. of Norcross, Ga., on Tuesday. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
The Globetrotters represent a new entertainment line for Herschend, which owns Silver Dollar City amusement park in Branson, Mo., and operates several theme parks, including Dolly Parton’s Dollywood outside of Knoxville, Tenn.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Shamrock to Sell Harlem Globetrotters
- News of the Week
- Equity Fund Has a Ball With Hoops
- Shamrock Capital Advisors Sheds Giant Creative Strategy for Up to $97M
- The Harlem Globetrotters of Burbank?
- ROY DISNEY
- Pasadena Firm Helps Clients Get Handle on Seats
- Shamrock Capital Invests in Video Licensing Firm