HOSPITAL CEO: The nonprofit corporation in charge of opening Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital said Monday that Dr. Elaine Batchlor has been chosen as chief executive. The Martin Luther King Jr.-Los Angeles Healthcare Corp. said that Batchlor, now chief medical officer at the L.A. Care public health plan, will continue in that position until she assumes her post at the Willowbrook hospital on Oct. 15. Plans are to reopen the main hospital building by 2014 as a 130-bed acute care facility with an emergency room. Inpatient services have been closed since August 2007, when federal regulators determined that the-then county run hospital failed to meet minimum standards for patient care, including errors involved in multiple deaths.
ACQUISITION: Ixia has completed its purchase of cyber security company BreakingPoint Systems Inc. The Calabasas developer of network test programs said over the weekend that the addition of the Austin, Texas company enables Ixia to offer end-to-end services with better protection for networks from malicious attacks. Financial terms of the deal, first announced in early July, were not disclosed.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- CEO Chosen for MLK Hospital
- Elaine Batchlor, MD
- Revived Hospital Checks In With New Image, Staff
- Wells Fargo Gives $1M to MLK Jr. Community Hospital to Recruit Doctors in South L.A.
- News of the Week
- County To Require Union Labor for MLK Hospital Facility
- L.A. County Health Director Resigns
- MLK Hospital to Reopen Under County-UC Partnership