Exactly what is a subprime mortgage? The Wall Street Journal reports that the way a U.S. judge answers that question could determine if three former Freddie Mac executives misled investors about loans backed by the mortgage giant before it sank.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fannie, Freddie to Ease Loan-Modification Rules
- Freddie Mac Sees $5 Billion Profit
- Jury Decides Against BofA on 'Hustle' Program
- Rethinking the 30-Year Mortgage
- Plan for Mortgage Giants Takes Shape
- Freddie Mac Swings to Third-Quarter Profit
- Freddie's Foreclosure Plan Hits Roadblock
- Report: Countrywide VIP Loans Went to Fannie Employees