A Los Angeles jury gave Merck & Co. Inc. another court victory on Wednesday when it found the withdrawn pain medicine Vioxx did not cause the heart attack of a 71-year-old retired construction manager.
"The jury found Merck not liable," said Casey Stavropoulos, a spokeswoman for the company.
Merck has now won five of the eight Vioxx suits that have been decided in court.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jury Finds for Merck in Vioxx Case
- Punitive Phase of Vioxx Trial Begins
- Vioxx Plaintiff Gets $9 Million
- Judge Finds Answer to Court TV Quandary on the Web
- Merck Verdict Drags Down Stocks
- Widow Gets $253 Million in Vioxx Trial
- Judge Declares Mistrial in Vioxx Suit
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over DVD Claims of Closed Captions