79.7 F
Los Angeles
Sunday, Aug 14, 2022
-Advertisement-

LA Stories

Short on Fashion

Vestar Development Co. is going to demolish the Glendale Fashion Center and build a new mall in its place. The name will be retained since it is well known to shoppers. But a look at Vestar’s tenant list indicates the new Glendale Fashion Center will be very short on fashion. Arguably the only tenant coming even close to fitting that description is Ross Dress for Less, which, last time we checked, isn’t often mentioned in the fashion magazines. Other tenants slated to grace the shop spaces in the new “fashion center” include: Ralphs supermarket, Long’s drugs, Best Buy electronics, Barnes & Noble books, Cost Plus imports and Petco. Could Petco be coming out with a line of designer-label doggie sweaters?

Curious Poll Results

It took a group of lawyers and psychologists to figure this one out? A person’s ability to parent effectively is affected by whether or not the person beats his or her spouse, according to about 90 percent of the attorneys and psychologists attending a joint conference of the American Bar Association family law section and the American Psychological Association held in Los Angeles last week. What do the other 10 percent think?

Celebrity Giveaway

Does it seem like all the rich people are driving Audis lately? That’s because Audi is running a rather unusual marketing program in Los Angeles. Twenty-five “prominent L.A. leaders” mainly celebrities, including Jerry Seinfeld, Quincy Jones, Jay Leno and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck have been given new A8 luxury sedans to drive around town for a few weeks. The drivers are supposed to fill out an evaluation form on the car when the test period ends. But Audi really just wants them to tell their well-heeled friends about the machine.

Let the Lawsuits Begin

The tragic mass suicide of Heaven’s Gate in San Diego could yet prove very lucrative to some of the cult’s surviving members, thanks to the earlier efforts of Claremont attorney John McCarthy. In the days after the mass suicide, word slowly got out that the cult had purchased an insurance policy to protect against death, abduction or impregnation by aliens. The policy, written by Goodfellow Rebecca Ingrams Pearson insurance company of London, was reported to have covered up to 50 members and would pay up to $1 million per person in the event of an abduction. Enter McCarthy, who says beneficiaries of the cult members could have a legitimate case of “bad faith” against Goodfellow if it refuses to pay. “It is very clear that the members took their own lives in expectation of redemption in a spaceship,” said McCarthy in a statement.

Previous articleAmnesty
Next articleBroad
-Advertisement-

Featured Articles

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

Related Articles

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-