• Apply knowledge and create strategies to manage dynamic environments.
• Contribute sustainable value to their organization, industry, and community.
• Integrate theory and experiential learning to benefit career networks and trajectories.
Classes are held Monday through Thursday from 7:00-10:00 p.m., and occasional Saturdays. Students typically take two courses per semester and typically complete MBA coursework in about 2 years. Students without an undergraduate degree in business or a GCBA must complete 15 units of foundation-level classes. Completion times range from two years to five years, as students reduce or accelerate their academic load commensurate with career and family demands. Elective offerings focus on providing relevant topics that help differentiate a student in their workplace and add career value.
In the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration program, students who do not have an undergraduate in business, master essential business skills in a one-year, part-time evening, and Saturday cohort program. The GMAT is not required for admission to the GCBA program. Some GCBA students choose to enter the Nazarian MBA program, while others meet their business-skills and knowledge goals with the certificate program alone. The GCBA may be particularly attractive for individuals who have been away from academia for awhile and want to acquire foundation skills in business.
The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking 2021 reports CSUN as the university with the second-most diverse learning environment in the nation. Located on a beautiful 365-acre campus, CSUN is the fourth-largest university in California. It’s 340,000 alumni include prominent business leaders, such as the famed businessman and entrepreneur for whom the business college was named after, David Nazarian. CSUN is where students rise and take their knowledge to new heights.
Learn more at csun.edu/mba.
Name of Institution
California State University, Northridge
Name of Business School or Program
David Nazarian College of Business and Economics
Business School Dean
Year Institution was Founded
Year Business School or Program was Started
Total MBA enrollment (all platforms offered)
MBA Platforms Offered
(currently virtual due to COVID-19)
MBA Areas of Emphasis Offered
Contemporary curriculum with relevant and topical electives
Length of Programs
24-30 months (2 to 2.5 years)
Program Campus Options
• 2021 – Best Business School
Best On-Campus MBA–
• 2020 – Best Colleges for Business Majors – Money Magazine
Total Cost of MBA
• In-state tuition: $25,000-$36,000
• Out of state: $42,000-$60,000
GMAT/GRE (waiver applications available)
Upcoming Information Sessions
• July 8, 2021
• August 5, 2021
• Spring 2022: 10/1/21
• Fall 2022: 5/1/22
Program Contact Information
Return To Index
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- MBA & Master's Guide: UCLA Anderson School of Management
- MBA & Master's Guide: University of La Verne - College of Business and Public Management
- Eight Things an Accounting Adviser May Do for You
- The Private Company Guide to Effective Internal Controls
- MBA & Master's Guide: Claremont Graduate University - Drucker School of Management
- Small Business Development Center Steps Up During Pandemic
- How to Plan for the First Days as a Public Company After a SPAC Merger
- Strong IPO Market Still Requires Preparation and Proper Execution