Chief Medical Director of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, Speech Pathology, and Audiology at LAC+USC Medical Center; Assistant Professor of Clinical Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Tamara Chambers is a surgeon at the USC Caruso Department of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at the Keck School. She received the 2020 USC Mentoring Award for Faculty Mentoring Faculty. The award recognizes exceptional individuals who go above and beyond what is expected, fostering an engaging, supportive, and inclusive academic environment through their mentorship of colleagues, graduate, and undergraduate students.
Dr. Chambers has worked tirelessly during the pandemic, leading the otolaryngology services on the front lines. She focused on providing safe and effective care to patients, particularly in providing airway management for patients in critical-care and the ICUs. Dr. Chambers also is a strong advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. She has spoken at multiple public events over the past year in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, for improved educational opportunities for individuals from underrepresented groups.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Maie St. John
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Marlon Maducdoc
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Bozena Wrobel
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: UTTAM SINHA
- Caruso Hears Plea, Gives $25 Million to USC
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON, MD
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Amandeep Bhalla