Chief Nursing Officer
MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach
Susan Herman provides oversight for nursing clinical care areas at Miller Children’s & Women’s and the nearly 1,000 registered nurses who practice within those areas. Herman leads an all-female team of managers who foster a collaborative work environment while improving nursing excellence to ensure patients receive the highest quality care.
Herman has spent the last 18 months overseeing the opening of the Children’s Village, which is the only building of its kind in LA County with a one-stop-shop approach to outpatient specialty care for kids. This building makes the health care experience more convenient and efficient, while reducing health care costs for thousands of children and their families across the region who need specialized pediatric care each year. Herman also was instrumental in Miller Children’s & Women’s being ranked as among the top children’s hospitals in the nation for Pediatric Pulmonology & Lung Surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Return to Index
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Executive Wellness Panelist: Graham Tse, M. D.
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Susan J. Brown, PhD, RN
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Michele D. Kipke, PhD
- Long Beach On The Rise: Specialized Care…Just for Kids
- 2021 Outstanding Philanthropist Honoree: Chris Laulhere
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Ceonne Houston-Raasikh
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Antoine Soliman
- Children’s Hospital Sees Growth from Clinic Work