Medical Director of Infection Prevention and
Keck Medicine of USC
Since the pandemic hit, Dr. Neha Nanda has taken the lead in infection prevention and policy at Keck Medicine’s three hospitals and some 80 ambulatory locations. She coordinated hospital restructuring to allow for isolation and quarantine of COVID-19 patients, oversaw a necessary cessation of services in anticipation of a surge, and developed a plan for the strategic resumption of elective procedures and surgeries. Through her working relationship with national and local health officials to create best practices throughout the health system of 2,000 doctors and over one million patients, she also has used her expertise to provide accurate and timely information to local, national and international media outlets.
Dr. Nanda also heads up antimicrobial stewardship efforts to ensure the judicious use of antibiotics to treat patients with bacterial infections. In addition, she serves on several national committees, such as the antimicrobial stewardship committee of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Neha Nanda
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Vivian Mo, MD, MHA
- Health Care Panel & Awards: Finalists
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Stephanie L. Hall, MD, MHA, FACEP
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Annabelle de St. Maurice
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Anita Sircar, MD, MPH, DTM&H
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Tamara N. Chambers, MD