Vice Chair of Research and Division Chief,
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles; Professor of Pediatrics and Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Michele Kipke serves as co-director of the Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) at USC and vice chair of research in pediatrics at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. A nationally known health researcher and policy expert, Dr. Kipke has been intimately involved in the HIV/AIDS epidemic since its onset in the U.S. and has made significant scientific contributions to the field of HIV prevention. She launched the Keck School’s COVID-19 research task force, coordinating groups to accelerate pre-clinical, clinical and population-based research.
As director of community engagement for the SC CTSI, Dr. Kipke is also leading efforts to develop culturally specific educational messages to address fears, concerns, and misinformation about COVID-19. She is preparing to launch a large-scale initiative to educate, empower and disseminate information about vaccines in communities of color.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women of Influence- Health Care: APRIL W. ARMSTRONG, MD, MPH
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Michael Bryant
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: NEUROLOGY
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: LOURDES BAEZCONDE-GARBANATI, PHD
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Stefani Takahashi
- Health Care Panel & Awards: Finalists
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Stephanie L. Hall, MD, MHA, FACEP