Scott D. Bowling, Psy.Dr.
CEO & President
Exceptional Children's Foundation
Scott has over 32 years of experience working with nonprofits that serve people with developmental and other learning disabilities, including 22 years as President and CEO. Scott joined Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF) in 1999 as President and CEO, where he is responsible for a complex nonprofit organization with a $28 million operating budget, 15 service sites throughout Los Angeles County, over 375 employees, a 21 member board of directors and the provision of service to more than 5,000 children and adults with special needs and their family members annually.
Scott’s accomplishments at ECF include implementing a long-term strategic planning approach to management and achieving 85% of planned goals; strategically designing new revenue streams to ensure sustainability; substantially increasing agency enrollment and ECF’s impact in the community by 300%.
Scott earned a Doctorate in Psychology from Ryokan College, and M.A. from Pepperdine University, and a B.S. in Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University. Scott serves on the board of directors of the Culver City Chamber of Commerce, including serving as the Board Chairman in 1999. In 2014, Governor Brown appointed Scott to the California Board of Behavioral Sciences where he served until January 2017. Scott was also recognized by Pepperdine University as an outstanding alum in the university’s first 40 over 40 circle in 2016.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Picking Up the Pieces: Business in the Aftermath of COVID-19 Panelist - Howard I. Camhi
- Nonprofit & Corporate Citizenship Panelist: Michael Flood
- Community Champions: New Economics for Women (NEW)
- Nonprofit & Corporate Citizenship Panelist: Theresa Edy-Kiene
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Panel Speaker: Ken Le
- Picking Up the Pieces: Business in the Aftermath of COVID-19 Panelist - Mona Z. Hanna
- Executive Wellness Panelist: Graham Tse, M. D.
- Picking Up the Pieces: Business in the Aftermath of COVID-19 Panelist - Dana A. Kravetz