Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global commercial real estate services firm with approximately 53,000 employees in 400 offices and 60 countries. At Cushman & Wakefield, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a key focus of the board of directors and senior leadership. When it comes to achieving equity and inclusion of traditionally underrepresented groups, the company aims to accomplish transformational, sustainable change.
Specific efforts made to increase DEI at the firm include hiring a chief diversity, equity & inclusion officer, Nadine Augusta, who came most recently from Goldman Sachs in a similar role and is a DEI expert. Augusta is developing a global DEI strategy for the company. The company also continues to focus on attracting, hiring, retaining and developing top talent and works to ensure a culture that is welcoming and inclusive of all employees and has built a network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that reflect the people across the firm. ERGs are formally recognized and supported employee-led groups formed around a common dimension of diversity along with their allies. ERGs are a core component of our DEI framework and will work in alignment with Cushman & Wakefield’s strategy to advance efforts at the company.
Cushman & Wakefield also established a Black Equity Advisory Board to listen to and address opportunities surfaced by its BUILD (Blacks United in Leadership and Development) ERG, focused on recruitment, employee career growth and external partnerships. One such partner is Project REAP (The Real Estate Associate Program), whose mission is advancing DEI in the commercial real estate industry.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: FINALISTS
- Seven Steps to Starting Your DEI Journey
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Medium)
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Enterprise)
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Executive of the Year
- ABA Releases First Diversity Survey Report on Law Firm Equity and Inclusion
- ABA Expands Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Team
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Small)