Partner, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
After a long and successful career as a prominent employment and litigation partner representing executives and in-house legal counsel at global Fortune 500 clients, Stacie Yee embarked on a new endeavor in 2020. She was appointed Pillsbury’s first ever full-time C-Level executive responsible for Diversity & Inclusion. As chief diversity & inclusion officer, she remains a partner and is a member of Pillsbury’s board of directors.
So far, the initiative has included more than a dozen aspects, including grassroots efforts to encourage 2020 Census participation among communities of color; a partnership with the DC Lawyers’ Committee in litigation challenging the use of gang databases by law enforcement; the launch of an innovative Pillsbury program dedicated to the success of Black-owned startups; a partnership with numerous Innocence Project organizations to prevent and correct wrongful convictions; and client partnerships focused on criminal justice and racial equity issues.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stacie Yee
- Black Business Matters Speaker: Dawn R. Rosemond, Esq.
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- BRAD D. BRIAN
- Driving Diversity
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Ellisen Turner
- Most Admired Law Firms: Crowell & Moring LLP