This latest round will be used to scale the company's operations and expand its workforce. It will also be used to increase AppOnboard's creator-focused initiatives, such as closing its user feedback loop, implementing user-centered design processes and releasing more frequent product updates, the company said.
AppOnboard said in a press release that it's
“Video games are the next major form of media to be democratized, and we are leading that movement through Buildbox,” Jonathan Zweig, founder and president of AppOnboard, said in a statement. “The next generation of creators are using our tools to express themselves to hundreds of millions of people by building video games.”
In the past three months, according to AppOnboard, nine games created using Buildbox have each reached the top 100 on app store charts, and the software’s global market share has grown 550%.
Former Riot Games, Inc. chief technology officer Mike Seavers joined AppOnboard in July 2020 as chief executive. Since coming to AppOnboard, Seavers has also joined the company’s board of directors.
“We’re engaging them in prioritizing our roadmap, giving direct input into our designs, and delivering more frequent releases,” Seavers said in a statement. “Our success is determined by putting our creators’ needs first and radically simplifying the barriers they encounter to make and share games.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mobile Gaming Developer Artie Raises $10 Million
- Albert Raises $100 Million In Series C Funding
- Tiltify Raises $6.5 Million For Fundraising Platform
- Fitness App Maker Zwift Secures $450 Million in Funding
- TikTok Is Boosting Black Content Creators
- Former Riot Exec Seavers Joins AppOnboard as CEO
- Smash Ventures Launches Late-Stage Fund
- P-MRC Acquires Stake in South by Southwest