Director, The Vision Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Dr. Thomas Lee’s mission is to help eradicate childhood blindness worldwide. He earned his bachelor degree at Johns Hopkins University and received an MD from Cornell. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Cornell and then went to Harvard Medical School where he studied retinal stem cells and the role they play in cancer. Since arriving to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, he has focused on providing the highest level of care to children in Los Angeles and abroad leveraging technology to scale efforts. Among other significant impacts, Dr. Lee pioneered the use of endoscopic retinal surgery for pediatric retinal detachments and published the largest case series.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: THOMAS C. LEE
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: KAREN MORGAN
- L.A. Oncologists Develop Safe Method to Diagnose Children’s Eye Cancer
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Researcher Receives $1.6M to Study Eye Cancer
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Robert H. Cho
- Stem Cell Agency Awards $11 Million to SoCal Researchers to Fight Disease
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: Cástulo de la Rocha - Executive of the Year
- Jimmy Kimmel