OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY
Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Professor, Human Genetics at the David Geffen School of Medicine
Dr. Deborah Krakow’s research interests include defining prenatal ultrasound parameters in the osteochondrodysplasias; prenatal diagnosis of congenital anomalies; pregnancy outcomes in women with genetic syndromes; COVID-19 & pregnancy; and defining the molecular basis of musculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Krakow has spent the last several years researching the genes that cause the development of skeletal dysplasias prior to birth. She is a member of the International Skeletal Dysplasias Registry, which has the largest archive of prenatal cases in the world. Her current research, funded by another NIH-sponsored grant, involves the molecular genetics of Facio-Audio-Symphalangism, where she is attempting to locate the gene for this web-fingered, web-toed condition.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: SARAH KILPATRICK, MD, PHD
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Beth Karlan
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Allison Hill
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: GYNECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: JOHN G. WILCOX
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Richard Frieder
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Laurence Spencer-Smith
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: ARUS ZOGRABYAN