Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Vice Chair of Women’s Health Research Director; Director of Cancer Population Genetics at the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dr. Beth Y. Karlan is an internationally recognized expert in ovarian cancer and other heritable cancers with a 30-year career as a physician and scientist. A board-certified gynecologic oncologist and physician-scientist, Dr. Karlan’s research and clinical practice focus primarily on ovarian cancer and investigating pressing clinical and translational questions related to the disease. Her research seeks to understand the genetic and phenotypic determinants of ovarian cancer, hereditary predisposition to cancer, and molecular biomarkers for early detection, treatment and prognostication of ovarian cancer. Dr. Karlan publishes extensively, and is editor-in-chief of her specialty’s two pre-eminent journals.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Mehdi Kebria
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ONCOLOGY
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Antoni Ribas
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Richard Frieder
- UCLA Researcher Dennis Slamon to Share in $1M Prize for Cancer Research
- National Academy of Medicine Taps UCLA Neurosurgeon
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Steve Vasilev
- UCLA Launches First-of-Its-Kind Stem Cell Trial to Combat Cancer