Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Director of the Tumor Immunology Program at the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center; Director of the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy Center at UCLA
Dr. Antoni Ribas, a world-renowned physician-scientist and pioneer in cancer immunology, has devoted his career to developing and refining new therapies for malignant melanoma. His research focuses on how the immune system can be effectively used to fight cancer in order to develop more effective and less toxic therapies for people with melanoma. He has been recognized by numerous organizations, including the National Academy of Medicine, for defining the mechanistic basis of response and acquired resistance to immune checkpoint blockade cancer immunotherapies, and leading multicenter clinical trials that have provided transformative treatments for patients with advanced melanoma, which was once thought untreatable.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- UCLA Launches First-of-Its-Kind Stem Cell Trial to Combat Cancer
- National Academy of Medicine Taps UCLA Neurosurgeon
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ONCOLOGY
- UCLA Scientists Develop Renewable Source of Immune Cells to Fight Cancer
- John Wayne Cancer Institute Taps Physician Researcher as Top Executive
- PeproMene Bio Receives $40 Million
- Professor as Entrepreneur: UCLA’s Belldegrun on to Next Biopharma Enterprise
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Maie St. John