Chief of the UCLA Division of Infectious Diseases and Director of the UCLA Clinical AIDS Research and Education (CARE) Center
Dr. Judith Currier has been involved clinical research studies focused on improving the treatment of HIV infection. Her work has been conducted through the NIAID funded AIDS Clinical Trials and through industry funded studies. Dr. Currier is the principal investigator for the UCLA AIDS Prevention and Treatment Clinical Trials Unit and vice chair of the AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Her areas of research focus include understanding the pathogenesis and management of long term complications of HIV disease, specifically cardiovascular and metabolic complications associated with HIV treatment. She has also led several studies focused on women with HIV from the perspective of treatment and long term outcomes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors:Raphael Landovitz
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: New Clinical Trial will Test Combination Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for COVID-19
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Maria T. Ochoa
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Annabelle de St. Maurice
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Neha Nanda
- Stem Cell Agency Awards $11 Million to SoCal Researchers to Fight Disease
- HOT SPOTS---Biotech Hot Spots Spread Across Map of Los Angeles