Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery and Medical Director, Adult Cardiovascular Surgery, MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute
MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center
Marc Sakwa, MD is board-certified in cardiothoracic surgery and is nationally recognized as a pioneer in advanced heart care. He completed his undergraduate studies, graduating Magna Cum Laude at Brown University. Subsequently, he earned his medical degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Sakwa did his general surgery residency training at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He completed his residency in cardiothoracic surgery at NYU Medical Center. Dr. Sakwa is chief of cardiovascular surgery at the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute and also serves as medical director of adult cardiovascular surgery at the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute at Long Beach Medical Center.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: PEDIATRICS
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Andrew Wassef
- Long Beach On The Rise: The Future of Health Care is at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: JOANNA CHIKWE
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: COSMETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: NEUROLOGY
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY