Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Monica Shilling has been at the forefront of creative financing structures her whole career. Her experience helping clients navigate regulatory changes and innovations in the marketplace has placed her among a handful of senior female attorneys leading the current special purpose acquisition companies (SPAC) boom. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began in the U.S., Shilling has worked with clients to raise over $10 billion in a variety of transactions, including the recent $1 billion SPAC for longtime client, Ares Acquisition Corporation. She brings her vast experience and sophisticated skillset to assist clients – including asset managers and private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as public companies, financial advisors, investment banks and issuers – in complex mergers & acquisitions and capital markets transactions, including IPOs, SPAC-backed mergers & acquisitions and business combinations. Her practice also has a particular focus involving specialty finance enterprises, distinguishing her from many other transactional lawyers.
Return To Index
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Monica J. Shilling
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Michelle Gasaway
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- Women Of Influence, Banking: Gayane Kirakosyan
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Tana Ryan
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Linda Hatcher
- Leaders Of Influence - Investment Bankers: Nia Stefani