Principal and Managing Director, Los Angeles
Marsh & McLennan Agency
BACKGROUND: After stints at Health Net of California and CIGNA, Hegarty joined Marsh & McLennan in 2008. He specializes in employee health and benefits programs for midsize to large companies in a range of industries, including apparel, finance, entertainment, hospitality, manufacturing and technology. He also helped develop the agency&s Benefits Tech Trust program, a small-business trust designed for California&s emerging technology companies. Hegarty holds a bachelor"s degree in communications with an emphasis in marketing from the University of Arizona.
THE LATEST: Hegarty serves as managing director for the Marsh & McLennan Agency"s L.A. office, which has grown from six employees in 2017 to 26 employees in 2020 and expanded into a larger space downtown. Most recently, the agency acquired Momentous Insurance Brokerage in Los Angeles. In addition, Marsh Private Client Services has merged with MMA&s Private Client Department.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Places to Work Speaker: Brian Hegarty
- 2021's LA500 Speaker: Brian Hegarty
- BRIAN HEGARTY
- Most Influential Insurance Brokers: Brian Hegarty
- Brian Hegarty
- Thriving In Their 40's: Brian Hegarty
- Custom Content: The Next Generation of Employee Benefits: What Today’s Top Talent Wants From Their Employer
- Containing the Escalating Costs of Prescription Drug Benefits: Why Self-Funded Plans May Be an Attractive Alternative for Employers