CPA, MST, Executive Vice President
Gumbiner Savett, Inc.
Valerie Colin joined Gumbiner Savett Inc. in 1994. She took over the position of Tax Department leader in January 2020 and is a senior tax shareholder with over 30 years’ experience in tax, accounting and business consulting. She helps her clients optimize their tax situations with an emphasis on recognizing income, maximizing deductions and available employment credits and other incentives such as R&D credits and manufacturing deductions. Her specialties include estate planning, tax compliance, management and financial consulting, personal financial planning, and financing of businesses and mortgages.
Colin’s recent successes for her clients include saving an estate over $2.5 million in GST tax. She also helped a client with the structure and negotiation of the sale of their business. Her advice saved the acquirer over $4 million in depreciation and amortization deductions and the seller hundreds of thousands in employment taxes and income taxes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Valerie Colin
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Karla Chavez Luna
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Jill Massey
- 40 In Their 40's: Karla Chavez Luna
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Karla Chavez Luna
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: KARLA CHAVEZ LUNA
- Minorities of Influence: CPAS - Karla Chavez Luna
- Influential Women in Accounting: KARLA CHAVEZ LUNA