Karla Chavez Luna
CPA, MST, Shareholder
Gumbiner Savett, Inc.
Karla Chavez Luna joined Gumbiner Savett in 2000 and has steadily risen through the ranks of the tax department to become the firm’s first Latina shareholder as of January 2019. Luna works extensively with high-net-worth clients to guide them through the process of optimizing their income tax positions and decreasing their tax liability to help preserve the wealth that they have worked for. Her specialty lies in the areas of tax planning, consulting and compliance for privately held companies (corporations, S corporations, and partnerships), trusts and estates, and high-net-worth families and their entities.
Luna is heavily involved in the tax department’s operational and culture-building activities. Since becoming a shareholder at the firm, she has been working diligently to grow her tax practice and has an 80% close rate with new clients. She enjoys guiding junior staff in their careers and currently mentors six individuals and advises many other practitioners at the firm.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minorities of Influence: CPAS - Karla Chavez Luna
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Karla Chavez Luna
- 40 In Their 40's: Karla Chavez Luna
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: KARLA CHAVEZ LUNA
- Influential Women in Accounting: KARLA CHAVEZ LUNA
- RICK PARENT
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Shreedhar Kothari
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Pradeep Budhiraja