Assistant General Counsel - Special Counsel
Southern California Gas Company (a Sempra Energy Subsidiary)
As a woman of color and the daughter of two immigrant parents, Sabina Clorfeine overcame a number of obstacles and has had a very successful career to date. She also had two children while working full-time throughout her career. Clorfeine has been practicing law for over 20 years. She was a litigator at Katten Muchin & Zavis, and then at Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy. She joined Sempra Energy in 2007 as a senior counsel and worked her way up to the position of managing attorney.
At Southern California Gas Company, Clorfeine led and managed attorneys handling administrative legal proceedings for the company. Since May 2017, she has been the lead attorney for all Aliso Canyon gas leak legal matters, including complex civil litigation, multiple state agency enforcement actions, a criminal case, shareholder cases, and related appellate matters. She is a proven, trusted legal advisor to senior management who collaborates with internal business people and develops relationships with key external stakeholders. She is a dynamic leader who acts with integrity and enjoys problem solving with her high performing legal team.
Clorfeine is also very active in the community. She is a long-term advocate for minority representation in the legal profession. She is the former president of the South Asian Bar Association in San Diego, and former board member of South Asian Bar Association in Southern California. She is a current board member of the Advisory Committee for National South Asian Bar Association, and received their Corporate Counsel Achievement Award in 2011.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Mid-Sized Private Company of the Year
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Government/Municipal of the Year
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: DEBRA WONG YANG
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTERNATIONAL ATTORNEYS
- LABJ Insider: Legally Speaking, These Lawyers Are the Best
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Hailyn J. Chen
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Rising Star of the Year