Philippa (Pippa) Bond
Kirkland & Ellis
Pippa Bond is a partner in Kirkland & Ellis’ nationally recognized Capital Markets practice. Recently joining the firm from Proskauer Rose, she is an integral part of Kirkland’s premier Los Angeles team that serves Ares Management Corporation, the largest private equity firm in Los Angeles with approximately $144 billion of assets under management. The work she does on behalf of Ares and their portfolio clients is directly tied to the city and communities in Los Angeles. In the wake of COVID-19, Bond has worked on a number of matters that affect the jobs, livelihoods and well-being of many Angelenos.
After taking Ares public in 2014, Bond continues to serve as a primary outside counsel and currently represents them as a public entity. In addition to her role with Ares, Pippa acts as counsel to issuers, sponsors and underwriters in registered public offerings, including IPOs, block trades and private placements of debt and equity securities, as well as tender offers and consent solicitations. The caliber of Bond’s practice is part of an elite class of attorneys.
Since the onset of the COVID-19, Bond has worked tirelessly on some of the largest retail restructurings as the pandemic shut stores and overall consumer demand plummeted. With an expertise in working with retail and consumer companies, she has helped lead Neiman Marcus, which is among the top five retail restructurings to date in 2020, Tailored Brands and Stage Stores through their Chapter 11 filings. She has also worked with a number of her clients on capital markets and securities transactions. Most notably, she represented Guitar Center in a series of private exchange offers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Rising Star of the Year
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Nisha Kanchanapoomi
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - HAMED MESHKI Partner Kirkland & Ellis
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Tana Ryan
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: LUKE GUERRA
- Thriving In Their 40's: David Nemecek
- 2021 Outstanding Social Responsibility Honoree: Kirkland & Ellis
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - JONATHAN BENLOULOU