WSHB was founded in 1997 with two offices in California. The firm has had tremendous organic non-merger growth to currently over 300 attorneys in 29 offices in 17 states. The firm represents a large and diverse group of regional and international clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 500 corporations. WSHB offers its attorneys stability in the sense that no one client makes up more than 6% of the firm’s work. The firm has expertise in handling a wide variety of practice areas which continue to grow.
Since inception, WSHB has focused on building a culture of collaboration and teamwork which is shared today across all of its offices. Internal competition for clients – often the hallmark of many firms – is not promoted or rewarded. “No yellers or screamers” was a founding principle and is still a guiding one today. The firm has backed this with a compensation system that does not focus on the “origination” formula which has been the bane and disruptor of so many partnerships. Rather, WSHB compensates and promotes its lawyers based on their contribution to the overall success of the firm with a heavy focus on teamwork, collaboration and building clients and market share for the greater good of all WSHB employees.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Law Firms: WOOD SMITH HENNING & BERMAN LLP
- Best Law Firms: SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP
- Most Admired Law Firms: Sidley Austin
- Best Law Firms: HAHN & HAHN LLP
- Best Places to Work 2018: The Best Small Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Best Places to Work 2018: The Best Large Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Best Places to Work 2019: The Best Large Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Most Admired Law Firms: Reed Smith