Willenken is an elite minority-owned, majority-women law firm that truly cares about its attorneys and staff. The firm breaths a positive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment and offers competitive salaries, benefits and perks, and a positive work life balance. At this diverse firm, lawyers are given the opportunity to gain unparalleled hands-on substantive legal experience in terms of opportunities for trial work, oral argument, case leadership, fostering client relationships, and actively participating in business development initiatives. Willenken believes in and provides real support to developing lawyers as the means to developing the firm, not the other way around.
As part of team building, the firm hosts quarterly full-firm (staff included) events, such as bowling, escape rooms, ice cream socials, holiday lunches (both staff and alumni included), and now due to the pandemic virtual trivia, twice weekly tele-coffees, and happy hours. So far during the pandemic, the firm has delivered cupcakes, popsicles, doughnuts, lunches, and other sweet treats to its attorneys and staff to keep up spirits. Unlike many firms where such treats are “attorney-only,” Willenken makes sure to deliberately include staff as a way to show appreciation and build morale within the firm.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Paul Loh
- Firm Makes Courting Diversity Full-Time Focus
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: Women Lawyers in Nepal Exchange Professional Experience with Peers U.S., Canada and Australia
- Asian American Attorneys Look to Raise Profiles
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Jana Lubert
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ANN LAWRENCE
- Diversity Becomes Bottom-Line Issue