The Kaufman Legal Group is and always has been committed to diversity and inclusivity. The makeup of the firm’s personnel reflects this fact. Particularly during this period of extended work-from-home, the firm has strived to maintain connections and working relationships despite the distance. Every week the firm holds an all-firm Zoom meeting, which both allows the opportunity to discuss pressing firm matters in a forum-like setting, but also celebrate important milestones and victories together like the recent Dodgers World Series win.
Women and diverse members of the firm are included in all manner of leadership and decision-making positions. They are key in making hiring decisions, determining promotions and performance-based wage increases, and tackling strategic challenges that may face the firm. In addition, Kaufman Legal Group represents a number of non-profit organizations promoting equity and inclusion including: ACLU of Southern California; Advancement Project; California Calls; California Coalition for Higher Education; California Community Foundation; Community Coalition; California Legislative Black Caucus Policy Institute; Courage Campaign; Hollywood Chamber of Commerce; LAANE (Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy); Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation; Liberty Hill; Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce; United Way of Greater Los Angeles; Working Californians Research Fund;and many others.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: Connecting People and Uniting the World Through Diversity and Inclusion
- Most Admired Law Firms: Pircher, Nichols & Meeks LLP
- Coalition Pulls Opposition to City National-RBC Deal
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: New Report on Diversity and Inclusion Unveils Survey Data on Key Practices
- Diversity and Inclusion: Three Key Actions to Tackle Unconscious Bias
- Best Law Firms: BROWNSTEIN HYATT FARBER SCHRECK
- Primary Issue
- ABA Releases First Diversity Survey Report on Law Firm Equity and Inclusion