Holland & Knight has an extensive Equal Employment Opportunity policy and a prohibition against various forms of harassment, which are enforced by a committee of attorneys and by firm management. The firm was one of the first to offer domestic partner benefits and has done so for many years. In 2019, it adopted a protocol regarding the provision of information, resources and support to transgender employees. That same year, the firm adopted a gender-neutral parental leave policy for staff. In 2018, it amended its Military Leave Policy to provide more comprehensive support for employees who are called into active duty. In 2014, Holland & Knight amended its health insurance plan to provide transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage. In 2013, it amended its longstanding Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave Policy for attorneys to provide 16 weeks of paid maternity leave for birth mothers and 10 weeks of paid leave for primary caregivers of an adopted child.
The firm admitted a partnership class that is 52% diverse (based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or veteran status), including 53% at the equity partner level and 52% at the non-equity partner level effective January 1, 2020.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Law Firms: HOLLAND & KNIGHT
- Human Resources, Staffing & Employment: A Holiday Stocking for California Businesses - Treats or Lumps of Coal Heading into 2018
- Best Law Firms: FISHER PHILLIPS LLP
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: VINCE FARHAT
- Deadline Looms for Signage on Public Restrooms
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Ivy Kagan Bierman
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: RYAN LEADERMAN
- Labor and Employment: A Roundtable Discussion