In 2020, Blank Rome was recognized as a “Best Law Firm for Women” by Working Mother magazine, a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers. The firm was also named to Exelon’s “Diversity and Inclusion Honor Roll” and received “Mansfield Rule Certification Plus” after successfully reaching at least 30 percent diverse lawyer representation in a notable number of current leadership roles. Blank Rome believes that this is a result of its commitment to excellence in all fields of endeavor as well as to diversity of ideas, backgrounds, and experiences. Blank Rome’s deep commitment to diversity and inclusion has been the foundation of its core values since the Firm was established in 1946 by attorneys who, because of their religion, were barred from joining many established law firms. The founders’ vision was of a law firm where people of diverse backgrounds could gather to practice law and bring their whole selves to work.
Today, with the support of the firm’s dedicated Diversity and Inclusion Committee, firm leadership, and affinity groups—BR United, BR Pride, BR Parents Forum, and the Women’s Forum—Blank Rome continues to honor and build on the founders’ vision.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Law Firms: BLANK ROME LLP
- Most Admired Law Firms: Mintz
- Best Law Firms: MAYER BROWN LLP
- Most Admired Law Firms: Mayer Brown LLP
- 11 L.A. Companies Earn Recognition for LGBTQ-Inclusive Workplace Policies
- ABA Releases First Diversity Survey Report on Law Firm Equity and Inclusion
- LABJ INsider
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Awards: Organization of the Year (Small)