Akin Gump is a large, global commercial law firm, with more than 900 lawyers practicing in offices throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm is a great place to work in large part because of its reputation as an outstanding, service-oriented global law firm that is focused on its people. Collegiality, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Intensity are the core values and guiding principles behind how the firm approaches its work and how its approach working with each other.
Akin Gump has a culture that ensures all employees feel like an important and included part of the workplace as well as its proven unwavering support of its employees and commitment to diversity and inclusion and racial justice. Since its founding in 1945, the firm has woven a “people first” thread throughout. Understanding that everyone has different benefit needs throughout their careers and personal lives, Akin Gump works to “meet people where they are” and continues to enhance and expand its wellness program offerings. To do this, the firm has adopted a unique, innovative “hyper-personalized” approach to provide an innovative, comprehensive, holistic wellness program that supports employees throughout their lives—physically, emotionally and financially—thereby helping them reach their full potential and engagement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Law Firms: AKIN GUMP STRAUSS HAUER & FELD LLP
- Best Law Firms: GREENBERG TRAURIG, LLP
- After Merger, Profit Sharing Battle Leads to Exodus From Akin Gump
- Lower Profits Cited in Troop Defections at Akin Gump
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: GREG KNOPP
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Daniel Sinaiko
- Restructuring Practice Running, Akin Gump Partner Leaves Firm
- DLA Piper Absorbs Liner Firm and 60 L.A. Attorneys