Nicholas Sanchez, J.D., LL.M. Taxation
Partner, Tax Attorney
Nicholas started his career, nearly 15 years ago, with Damasco & Associates (which became part of Miller Kaplan in 2016).
Nicholas offers general tax advisory and consulting services to a wide variety of clients and industries including real estate, nonprofits, and professional services firms. In addition, he advises his clients regarding the tax implications of settlements and judgments arising out of class action litigation, administrative enforcement actions, bankruptcies, and receiverships. Nicholas is a trusted expert in all tax aspects of Qualified Settlement Funds, including the tax characterization of distributions, taxation of attorney’s fee awards, and information reporting and withholding compliance.
Nicholas’ practice also includes extensive tax controversy services and he seeks letter rulings on behalf of his clients, which include administration firms, law firms, litigants, and administrative agencies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Sarbanes-Oxley Fair Funds.
Nicholas is licensed to practice law in California, as well as before the United States Tax Court and Internal Revenue Service.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Samuel Park
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: MANNY A. ABASCAL
- Bankruptcy Boutique Makes Move to National Firm
- Philadelphia Firm Grows Presence in Century City
- Judging the Lawyers- Litigation
- WHO'S WHO IN LAW - MICHAEL J. PLONSKER
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK HOLSCHER