SHAWN SHEFFIELD, MBA, MHSA
Chief Strategy Officer
Keck Medicine of USC
Shawn Sheffield serves as chief strategy officer for Keck Medicine of USC. She oversees the development and execution of clinical strategic plans, mergers and clinical acquisitions, contracting/payor relations and marketing/public relations for the health system. She also manages Keck Medicine’s clinical affiliation relationships and other network partners. Since joining Keck Medicine in 2012, Sheffield has led an enterprise-wide strategic plan, leading to unprecedented growth and furthering the university’s goal of becoming a preeminent academic medical center. In less than ten years, annual system revenue has more than tripled, to $2.1 billion in 2019. Sheffield has personally led the mergers and acquisitions, brand expansion and network development activities that have led to this extraordinary growth. Sheffield led the acquisition of USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale in 2013, and created a plan to acquire outpatient surgery centers and oncology satellites throughout the region.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- USC’s Keck Medicine Opening New Outpatient Clinic in the San Gabriel Valley
- Expanding USC Partners With Clinic Operator
- Health Care Panel & Awards: The Future of Health Care is Digital — and Closer than You Think
- Hospital Operator Nurses Patient Volume, Revenue
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: THOMAS E. JACKIEWICZ
- Children’s Hospital Enters Age of Regional Service
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Neha Nanda
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: STEPHANIE L. HALL, MD, MHA, FACEP